With this one run, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, a legend creates history. He becomes the first man ever on the Planet to score 50th century.
With this SA bowler Dale Steyn also enters history for having bowled that bowl. This is the third day of first test match between India and South Africa which is being played at Super sport Park, Centurian. Sachin and M S Dhoni are on crease with more than 150 runs partnership, inching close to level scores against mammoth total of SA.
Thanks to yahoo cricket for the minute to minute update. Time to celebrate !
fast fact abt sachin (Ctsy yahoo cricket)
- Sachin Tendulkar is the leading run-getter and centurion in Tests and ODIs.
- His is the only man to score a 200 in ODIs.
- He is the first to score 90 International centuries.
- No man has made more International 50s than Tendulkar in all formats together.
- He was the first batsman in Tests to record 12,000 runs and later the first to reach 13,000 as well.
- Crossing and unprecedented milestone of 17,000 ODI runs in 2009 Tendulkar stretched his lead as the highest run-scorer in ODIs.
- ‘The Little Master’ was the first batsman in ODIs to reach the 10,000 run milestone.
- He holds the record as the youngest Indian to make a debut.
- Tendulkar is the only player to score 2 or more centuries against each of the other 9 Test playing nations.
- He has the highest number of ODI appearances (442 matches).
- He also holds the record for the most number of Test appearances (168 Tests).
- The records for the most ODI centuries against Australia, South Africa, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Pakistan are all held by Sachin Tendulkar.
- Batting exploits aside, Tendulkar has two 5-wicket hauls to his credit and he has taken 4-wicket hauls 4 times in ODIs.
- He and Virender Sehwag jointly hold the record for the most number of double centuries for an Indian (6).
- A Living Legend
Salute U Legend