Reference: The Daily Post #18
It was around 22:55 IST (date17th Jan) , when Scott posted this topic. Now it’s 02:15 AM IST (date 18th Jan). For those three hours I could not figure out what should I write. I sat to analyze my last post ( My MBA lessons had to be used for a while 😉 ) What went wrong with that, Why People were particularly interested/ disinterested in this particular post. What did I learn from it?” It was then the thought of writing this post just crossed me. So here it’s What gives me hope?
What was New ?
This post Does everything happen for a reason? was New by all my standards. An experiment in itself.
1. This was my first Visual Blogging around an idea. Thousand words can be summed up in a single picture.
2. For the first time, I used ‘Poll’ to know my guest’s (I prefer to call my readers Guest) views on the post. I have observed, guests prefer to write goodie-goodie stuffs in your comments, but given the limited choice in Polls, you can get a good feedback. Thanks to all my Guests, I received an honest feedback from them.
3. Comments form an integral part of your posts. I have never been able to capture attention of my guests (which mostly says stays for 4 seconds) as good as in the last post. Most of them were enlightening, as if completing the post in all dimensions, I left untouched. I believe it was good. We were engaged enough to start a discussion.
Though the stats were discouraging, what gave me HOPE, were the things I learned in the process.
What is the learning?
1. Pictures speak thousand words, but it creates a vague idea in reader’s mind. Substantiate Pictures with Texts.
2. Poll choices has to be “To the Point”, to get a fairer idea.
3. Open ended posts fetch more comments. It interests and compels the readers to put forward their points in the discussion.
4. Posts should be crisp, not taking much of time and putting forward the Idea, it wants to convey.
I must follow the last of my lessons. Let’s close here. Before that, I have few questions for you, My dear guests.
Why do you think it has the least possibility of bring Pressed?