I had this feeling yesterday, it was like I wanted to write something or the other but could not think of anything to write. So I took a break and turned to my first love-Reading.
The book I’m currently reading is Ken Follett’s “Fall of Giants” – Book one of the century Trilogy. So far I have been able to complete only half of the book. Definitely, my reading speed has taken its toll. I remember having read Ayn Rand’s “ Atlas Shrugged ” in straight 8 hours and that too during break in my Graduate Examinations.
Few good things I’m liking about this book:
- While I’m reading it, a kind of motion picture is running through my mind. This happened earlier too when I was reading Mario Puzo’s The Godfather and Gone with the Wind. I saw the movies later.
- I get into the characters. How interesting ! given that there are so many a characters in the book, so far what I have read. And each one is different from the other.
- And to my surprise, this book, despite having more than 1000 pages, is light as feather.🙂
- My next read is Chanakya’s Chants, have Ordered it through Flipkart. Hopefully it will reach in 3 days. By that time I shall finish Fall of Giants.
Little About Chanakya’s Chants
You must be knowing Chanakya – Author of Atha shashtra “Science of wealth”. History knows him as the brilliant Strategist. Vows for the revenge of his murdered father, he with his strategic ability and acumen installs Chandragupta on the throne of Mauryan Empire. It was during his term that Alexander invaded India and it was again his brilliance that Alexander had to stop his dream of conquering the world and had to return to his land. This happened some thousands of years ago.
The wheel has turned again. Another Chanakya has breathed life in India. Will he be able to be as powerful as the real Chanakya? Will the politics of India see a change?
Aah, Chanakya has always fascinated me. And fiction based on him, worth reading.
What book are you currently reading?
Share your Best reading with us!
- Reading and More Reading (quiltobsession.wordpress.com)