The hundred ton is still a dream for crores of Indian fans. It’s not that he legend doesn’t want another record in his name but fate gave him another miss this time. The first inning was disaster for each batsmen in the Indian side. But the second inning was disaster for sachin ramesh tendulkar. The way he was judged Leg before wicket has again raised doubt on the decision-making of the umpires. However the dubious decisions have long been chasing Sachin in particular. There have been several occasion when he has faced similar situation and like a gentleman he had gladly accepted the wrong decisions.
The question “man versus machine” has come again on the forefront. TV replay clearly showed that the ball was leaving leg stump but the umpire thought otherwise. Sachin was clearly aggrieved with the decision but the gentleman, he is, left the field accepting the decision of the umpire.
Use of technology and the decision-making in the game of cricket has been a long pending issue. The innovative use of technology had been greatly welcome in T-20 matches. lets See how long does it takes to be adopted in Classical cricket.
Indian team as usual has been performing badly at foreign pitches. Alas this time “The Wall” & the ‘Very very Special” has been lax this time. The new test caps like Virat kohli has been disappointing. This 3rd test match between India & Australia is tilted in Aussies favour until unless any miracle happens.
- Hope of one billion ! (rrajiv.wordpress.com)
- Tendulkar gone as Aussie quicks dominate first session at the WACA (theage.com.au)
- Warner goes wild in the west (theage.com.au)
- Don’t know where Indian cricket is headed: Warner (indiavision.com)
- Critics and pundits, leave Sachin alone! (cricketnext.in.com)
- Blog: Did India fail to read the signs? (cricketnext.in.com)
- Warner inflicts ton of pain on India (thehimalayantimes.com)