India celebrates its 63rd Republic Day today. President Mrs. Pratibha Patil unfurled the Tri color flag. Thailand Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was the Chief Guest on this occasion. She is the first woman Prime Minister of Thailand. This is second time a woman Premier has graced this occasion since Queen Elizabeth.
On this occasion it was all colors and several float were on display. Do check last year post for the republic day. Also in spotlight is new version of Vande matram
One float that I liked most was one from Bihar, showcasing a village in Bhagalpur district. Specialty of the people from this village is each house plant 10 trees for one girl child born in their house. Long Live the tradition! The so called rural India understands well the balance of nature which most of the literate people seems to have long forgotten.
Do watch the beautiful National Anthem Sung by children, Click for -> Silent National Anthem
Wish you all a very Happy Republic Day🙂
- Republic Day & many more
- 63rd Republic Day of India 2012 (atinytoes.wordpress.com)
- Happy Republic Day (kritika27.wordpress.com)
- Acrostic Poems – Republic Day (jmadhanraj.wordpress.com)
- Happy Republic Day to all Indians (theetutor.wordpress.com)
- hope (reflectionsinsilence.wordpress.com)
- Republic Day Parade 2012 – A Curtain Raiser (ecopackindia.wordpress.com)
- Happy Republic Day INDIA – 26 January 2012 – God Bless – Respectfully (wearetrulyhappy.wordpress.com)
- Thai PM to visit India on Jan. 24-26 (khamerlogue.wordpress.com)
- Google Celebrates 63rd Republic Day of India (techie-buzz.com)