Book: The Krishna Key
Author: Ashwin Sanghi (alias Shawn Haigins)
Publisher: Westland Ltd.
Having read Ashwin Sanghi’s Chanakya’s Chants it was delightful to receive the book from BlogAdda . His first book The Rozabal Line is the theological thriller based on the theory that Jesus died in Kashmir and was on National Best seller Lists for many months. His second book Chanakya’s Chants is a political thriller and is still on the Bestseller lists.
Given the background we have for Ashwin in the genre of historical fiction, it was sure delight to have this book. The Krishna Key (TKK) is based on a mythical thriller.
His writing style in TKK reminds a lot of Dan Browns series of novels The Da Vinci Code, Digital Fortress and others. Besides his penchant for anagrams is similar to Dan’s.
No doubt Ashwin has poured in every bit of research he had, in the book but the good thing is that, it has never slowed down the pace of the story and has so far succeeded in riveting readers’ attention (Except for those snippets from The Mahabharata in the beginning of every chapter)
The Story is a parallel between the Lord Krishna and the modern day drama. Lord Krishna, as many believe could be a mythical figure or a man in flesh & blood who walked on the earth som 5000 years ago. It’s another topic of debate. Krishna is believed to be the eight incarnation of Lord Vishnu and the final and the Tenth Incarnation in Kaliyuga would be The KALKI Avataar.
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत ।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥ ७ ॥
हे भारत ! जब-जब धर्मकी हानि और अधर्मकी वृद्धि होती है, तब-तब मैं अपने रूपको रचता हूँ (अर्थात् साकाररूपसे प्रकट होता हूँ) ।
Story begins When the Self supposed 10th Avataar of Lord Vishnu, Kalki starts eliminating the supposed evils and a professor and his doctoral protegé gets in his way. Thereafter the quest for The Krishna Key Begins. The suspense behind the Krishna key and What hides behind those mythical Keys? brings in lots of Twists & Turns and Suspense & research in the story. A tale of treasure hunt with murders, suspects, mata ji, underworld Don, History proff, Nuclear Assignments, genetic Research and What nots.
The Book brings in an interesting perspective of Vedic Civilization comparing it with those in the days of Mahabharata and how it would have advanced during these 5000 years. History has always been written by Winners. This books, a product of ingenious research, will definitely interest readers. Some of the Points I liked:
- Nuclear scientist have found traces of radioactive material at every places where there is Sivalinga established. According to some, Siva linga at these places are actually radioactive and that’s why they are covered with bel leaves, cause those leaves have ability to absorb radioactive emissions. And that is the precise reason that water out of shivalinga is termed impure and that’s another reason a kalash constantly sprinkles water over shivalinga to keep it cool.
- Also, Satellite picture show that the mythical river Sarasvati actually existed, and the Indus valley civilization actually flourished around this river. And when the river Sarasvati starting to dry up around Mahabharata, People started to shift east ward and west ward.
- if you recall how does a SWASTIK sign actually look like, Actually the straightened lines have become over the years. According to vedas the swastik sign is actually a graphic representation of equation X^ 4- Y^4 =XY. Well if you compare this is what the equation looks like. Those four curves coming out from the centre actually represents the four rivers coming out of Mount kailash
- Now this brings me to the another interesting hypothecation. Mount kailash, abode of Lord Shiva is actually a man made Pyramid. Russian researching on Mount kailash found that the angle at which stones are cut in mount kailash are exactly at 108 degree and we Know degree 108 is of lots importance in vedic literatures.
- Lord Budhaa was the supposedly 9th avataar of Vishnu
There are lots of trivia like this and few of them which I googled, I was surprised it to be true.
The search for the Mythical treasure starts with Kalibagan, the archeological site, journeys through The Dwarka, The Somnath Temple, The Vrindavan Temple and finally ends at Tejo Mahalaya (or Taj Mahal).
Well, The Book ends with a message…
The Philosopher is more important than the stone !
You may order ‘The Krishna Key’ at any of these online retailers:
Amazon Kindle: http://amzn.to/OiHBol
Om Books: http://bit.ly/NsmqU0
You may read the first five chapters as a free preview athttp://slidesha.re/MDC5iT